211 IS THE IOWA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH HOTLINE FOR GENERAL INFORMATION
ANY PHONE: 319-739-4211
TOLL FREE 1-866-469-2211
TEXT YOUR ZIP CODE TO 898211
Download the free app by following these simple steps:
- Click on a link below to find the app in the App Store or Google Play - or search for 211 Iowa
- Install the app on your phone
- Begin using by tapping "Current Location" then enter your zip code or city
That's all there is to it! No registration or account set up.
A trained professional will assist you and connect you to the help you need.
The 211 service is 100% free and confidential!
- Accessible to everyone, at no cost
- All calls are confidential
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Multilingual assistance
- COVID-19 information
- Basic Human Needs
Food pantries, clothing, affordable housing, utility assistance
- Physical and Mental Health
Medicaid/Medicare, support groups, drug and alcohol intervention
- Employment Support
Financial and transportation assistance
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities
Meals on Wheels, home health care, homemaker services
- Support for Children, Youth and Families
Childcare, protective services
- And much more!