Volunteer Management Resources
Have one to add? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Independent Sector: Value of volunteer time
- Volunteering in America: For information on volunteering and civic engagement by state, city, etc. Iowa currently ranks #3 for volunteerism rate (33.4%) and #2 for retention rate (74%). Iowa City ranks 3rd for mid-sized cities (49.1%,).
- Iowa Commission on Volunteer Service: Mission: To improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and learning. Vision: To create an Iowa where all citizens are empowered through service to meet community challenges and make lives better.
- Resource Guide for Communities and Nonprofits
- Reimagining Service: A national coalition that seeks to explore new ways of addressing the challenges and opportunities of increasing social impact through volunteer engagement.
- Volunteer's Return on Investment Calculators: There are three Return on Investment (ROI) Calculators - 1) Basic Reporting Calculator; 2) Basic Predictive Calculator; and 3) Advanced Predictive Calculator - created by Volunteers to assist your organization in determining the value of your volunteer investments over time to help guide decision making.
- Economic Impact of Volunteers Calculator: Online tool to document the economic impact of volunteers.
- Volunteer Management Advocacy Kit: Free guide outlining strategies for advocating for and generating support for volunteer management.
- Energize, Inc.: Info on volunteer trends and 'hot topics'; research and trainings available.
- HandsOn Network: The largest volunteer network in the nation. HandsOn Network BLOG
- Tools and Templates: by JFFixler Group
- Corporation for National and Community Service: The federal government organization that administers AmeriCorps, RSVP, and other service programs.
- Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration: CVA is the only international professional certification in the field of volunteer resources management. This credential reflects mastery of the knowledge required of practitioners in this field as measured through an exam and peer assessment process.
- National Conference on Volunteering and Service: The world’s largest gathering of volunteer and service leaders from the nonprofit, government and corporate sectors.
Days of Service (with resources linked)
April: National Volunteer Week
September 11: 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance
October: Make A Difference Day
November 11: Veterans Day
November: Family Volunteer Day