There’s a place for everyone to volunteer and make a difference
People 55 and better are encouraged to get involved using their lifetime of experience to reach out and help others. Individual abilities and interests are matched with community volunteer needs.
People from ALL walks of life. If you are 55 years of age or better and wishing to make an impact on the community then United Way 55+ RSVP is your resource to finding that fulfilling and interesting volunteer opportunity. The Program serves Johnson, Des Moines and Muscatine Counties.
55+ RSVP PROGRAMS
Our Community Partners are public agencies, organizations, non-profit organizations and proprietary health-care agencies. We provide volunteers both on an ongoing basis and for special events and needs to our partners. Our volunteers assist our partners in multiple ways, including working in food pantries, delivering meals, becoming Literacy Volunteers, driving for our Medical Transportation Program, as well as mailings, clerical assistance and many more opportunities.
Why join the United Way 55+ RSVP Program?
- Get to know people in the community you might not otherwise meet
- Get help finding volunteer opportunities that suit your interests and schedule
- Gain an increase in health benefits - sense of purpose and fulfillment, self-confidence; reduce stress levels and risk of depression
- Keep updated on volunteer events and other news in a monthly newsletter
- Training from the organization where you serve
- Receive FREE supplemental insurance while volunteering including excess accidental medical coverage, personal liability and excess auto liability
- Make an impact in the community
- Social, Educational & Recognition events throughout the year
- New benefits are added regularly
The 55+ Initiative of United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties is a partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service through the Retired Senior Volunteer Program